Converting a basic bathroom design into a luxurious space takes a good amount of work, and a strong focus on the details. You don’t need to make every aspect a remodel high ticket item, but there are a few changes you might need to get the right look. If you know which items are worth the extra money, you can actually save in other areas. Here are a few great ideas you can use for an unforgettable looking bathroom.
- Subway tiles. These tiles have never gone out of styles in bathroom, thanks to their simple but classic look. The vast color range helps your flexibility in designing the bathroom, and it makes cleanup even easier.
- Few materials say luxury like marble, and it can be used on the floor, shower and the vanity countertop.
- Heated floors. Sometimes luxury is not just what you see, it is what you feel. Heated flooring adds comfort and warmth to the bathroom. Additionally, it is not as expensive as some people might think. Adding heating mats below tiles can cost less than $1000 in a small bathroom.
- Heated towel racks. Add another touch of comfort to your bath by immediately wrapping yourself in a warm towel. These warmers also help to keep towels dry and minimize the presence of allergens.
- Walk-in shower. This is a luxury fixture in many bathrooms, and helps add the spa like feeling that many prefer. With the right tiles and a rain showerhead, it will feel like you are close to nature.
- Spa setting. You can go all out and convert the entire bathroom into a mini spa. Choose natural stone tiles or laminates that mimic the look. Keep the color scheme organic, and leave designated area for candles and flowers.
- A large mirror. This is a simple trick to saving on your tiling costs, and it can make a small bathroom seem larger.
- A custom vanity. Choose a custom vanity over a pre-made one to get the look of luxury you need. A personalized design with a marble countertop will make a bigger visual statement.
If you’ve ever been inside a spa or seen a luxury bathroom, you probably have a few ideas already. Call us to talk about the changes you can make to capture this style for your own bathroom.
Here at Renewal Design Build, we’ve helped many Decatur area homeowners remodel their bathroom to create something amazing and unique. Call us at 404-378-6962 if you would like to make an appointment with our experienced designers and start the bathroom remodeling project with us.