Your master suite should be your sanctuary, the perfect place to get away from it all. It’s important when renovating your master suite to include features that create a feeling of calm in both the bedroom and the bathroom.
- If your master bath project includes total room renovation, you may want to consider a separate room for the toilet for added privacy. Also, consider foregoing a tub and adding an over-sized shower instead. Make sure the shower is at least 4′ X 6′ and include a bench to provide a comfortable spot for shaving or rinsing off . Install multi-functional or rainhead showerheads for extra luxury.
- These days, most master bathroom flooring is either tile or stone and both are chilly. That’s why radiant floor heating installed underneath is a wonderful idea. Choose between tubing filled with recirculating warm water or electric floor mats to avoid the shock of ice cold flooring.
- Depending on the size of the room a small sitting area complete with a freestanding ventless fireplace adds such style and ambiance.
- Include a small flat screen television and a coffee bar and you have the perfect spot for relaxing before beginning your day.
- Consider using built-in shelving in the bathroom as well as the master closet. In addition to being a wonderful space saver, they can easily hold everything you need and are much more convenient than under the sink storage or an old fashioned closet.
- Find style inspiration from magazines, Houzz.com or Pinterest.com when selecting colors and materials for your dream bathroom. Visit local bath showrooms for additional ideas and to see the materials in person.
With smart planning, you can create a luxurious master bath that will satisfy you for the long term. Ready to start on your master suite renovation? We at Renewal Design-Build, one of Atlanta’s premier home renovation firms, are here to help. Contact us today!