The kitchen is essentially the “home” of a house, because it is where the entire family gathers to cook, eat and hang out together. Many homeowners would love to change the look of their kitchen through remodeling, but are torn between the different types of cabinetry available in today’s market.
We recommend customizing the cabinets in the kitchen to give the entire room a fresh, new look and feel. Truly custom cabinets are a little more expensive than stock cabinetry, but you’ll quickly realize that they are worth the added expense.
Here are 7 great ideas that we came up with to customize your kitchen cabinetry:
- Adding paneling to the outside of cabinets can add texture and dimension to any kitchen.
- Some homeowners may want to paint their kitchen cabinets. There are many different colors available and it is easy to choose one that goes with a specific theme for the room.
- Adding mullions to the cabinet doors will add texture and a unique pattern element. A mullion is a slender piece of wood that is oftentimes shaped like a C or an X.
- There are many finishing touches that can be added to cabinets. Homeowners can choose to have certain areas of the cabinets highlighted and accented or they can choose to make the cabinets look really old by using an antiquing method of painting.
- Adding ornate touches to kitchen cabinets is easy when a homeowner installs corbels as an accent piece.
- Anytime a cabinet does not end touching a wall, it is difficult to make that side piece look nice. Homeowners can add a decorative end panel to solve this dilemma.
- When lighting is used under cabinets, the view of electrical items can sometimes be unattractive. One way to solve this is to place a decorative valance on the bottom of the cabinets to hide the electrical and add architectural features to the room.
Homeowners need to work with their contractor to find different options for customizing their kitchen cabinets. There are so many options available that homeowners will be able to completely change their kitchen in a short amount of time.
Renewal Design Build is dedicated to helping homeowners remodel various parts of their home. We specialize in kitchen and bathroom design to add style and functionality to each area. Give us a call at 404-378-6962 if you would like to discuss your next remodeling project with us. You may also use our Contact Us link at the top of the website.