As a homeowner, you know that trends change on a yearly basis. This often makes it difficult to choose the best options for your new kitchen. Whatever the must have home item was five years ago is no longer on the list this year. It can be difficult for you to keep up with all of this information, but we can help you out if you want to make some changes to your kitchen this year.
Here are 8 impressive kitchen trends that are making a big impact in 2017:
- Kitchens are no longer supposed to be painted only white or bright and bold colors. The current trend has kitchens being painted with soft and soothing colors like pale gray, pale blue, and pale green gray. White is still one of the more popular colors but at least you have other subtle options this year.
- One of the best new trends for kitchens is having a designated area for electronics. This station can include space for all of your devices as well as charging stations.
- Instead of using shiny finishes in the kitchen, you will want to use a more satin finish. This will give the space a more elegant look and feel.
- More people are choosing hood ranges made out of metal and this can turn into a focal point in your kitchen.
- Open concept living spaces are continuing in popularity, so if your kitchen is not open to your living area it may be time to change that.
- Using texture in the kitchen has become re-imagined. You do not want to mix different textures anymore but you will want to incorporate the same textures in different ways throughout the kitchen.
- Modern furniture and appliances with bold colors are finding their way into kitchens this year as well.
- Updating the lighting in your kitchen will help you keep up with the most important trend. Everyone loves having multiple lighting options in their kitchen, so that they have the perfect light for any task they are doing.
Making any of these changes will ensure that you have one of the trendier kitchens in your neighborhood. You will definitely want to spend many hours enjoying all of the updates you make. When you’re ready to take the plunge and recreate your kitchen, give us a call at 404-378-6962. We’ll schedule an appointment for a consultation so we can get a better idea of the type of kitchen you want and need.
We will help you choose the best materials and make the best choices regarding trends that we feel will stand the test of time. Some trends do come and go, yes; others, on the other hand, stick around for many years. Our years of experience in kitchen design have given us a pretty good insight to trends and the way they work.