2014 is almost here, and just like in haute couture, the latest in upcoming trends, styles and designs for home decor are beginning to make a big splash. Why not consider incorporating some of these fantastic materials and ideas when planning your Atlanta home renovations?
- Environmentally friendly materials are being used frequently in everything from interior home decor to architectural touches like recycled wood, the addition of solar power, composite decking and tiles made from recycled glass. And going hand in hand with a “greener” home is the introduction of roof-top gardens and mobile plant panels. Both these ideas assist in whole home humidification and cleaning the air of toxins.
- Monochromatic color schemes were very popular in 2013 and interior designers believe this trend will continue into the New Year. A solid color palette brings a clean, sleek look to a room but isn’t boring if textural elements are included. Plus, it’s so easy to dramatically change the entire space by adding simple splashes of a primary accent shade.
- A very popular trend is incorporating industrial materials into household lighting fixtures. Everything from piping to heavy iron can be softened by the complementing decor as well as the warmth and color of the bulbs selected.
- Brass is making a huge comeback and is once again being seen in everything from fixtures to accessories. Brass looks fabulous when mixed with other metals and unlike the past when everyone expected brass to retain its shine, now the trend is to play off the rich patina that naturally develops.
- We can’t talk about upcoming trends without mentioning fabrics. Head to the attic for your grandmother’s knitted, crocheted and tatted bedspreads, curtains and tablecloths. Old or new, handcrafted or machine-made, this is a look full of charm and character.
For help remodeling your home with any of these trending materials, contact us at Renewal Design-Build today.