Are you tired of the same old boring kitchen that isn’t as functional as you would like? Are you planning a kitchen remodel and need help with ideas on how to get the most out of the space you have? These are some of the questions we get asked on a daily basis when people are trying to figure out how to remodel or update their kitchens. We have put together a list of the Top 8 kitchen design tips to help you with your questions and also assist in making choices when it comes to remodeling or updating your kitchen.
- Plan Ahead – Most people think about the accessories or decor of the kitchen they want rather than focusing on the function of the kitchen. The kitchen is one of those rooms in your home where you will spend a good deal of time between cooking, cleaning, and socializing you want to be your kitchen is not only welcoming but functional as well. When planning be sure to take into account the function of your kitchen and what will help you when you are working in that room.
- Storage Space – Recent surveys have shown that majority of people say they do not have enough storage, not only in their kitchen but throughout the house, so when you are planning your remodel or improvements to your kitchen be sure to plan to use every inch possible to take advantage of the storage. There are many options today when it comes to “hidden” storage which utilizes those small spaces you might never think to use as storage.
- Lights, Lights, Lights – Almost every kitchen uses overhead lighting as the main source of light for the room but many electricians will agree this type of lighting is insufficient in the kitchen, overhead lighting causes shadows on your workspace which is why you should use multiple types of lighting. You can do so many different options, including under the counter lights just as one suggestion.
- Power Sources – Be sure if you are remodeling that you know what type of power your appliances use, whether it be gas or electric each will need their own lines and sources. The other thing to think about is power outlets, you want to be sure there are enough outlets and they are in convenient places.
- Fresh Start – If you are planning to remodel your kitchen you should also plan to update your old appliances and items. You don’t want a new modern kitchen filled with appliances from the 1980’s they will end up sticking out like a sore thumb. Spend the extra and get some new appliances you will be happy you did.
- Safety First – When planning your new kitchen you might want to take into consideration safety precautions such as being able to see the backyard easily from the kitchen, outlets that aren’t easily reached from the ground and even rounded counter tops are all things to consider.
- Clean Air – A range hood can help ventilate those offense cooking odors as well as help reduce the amount of smoke that could fill the room (like when you cook bacon).
- These Floors Were Made For Walking – when considering kitchen flooring a non-slip option might be best and safest. There are so many options like hard wood, vinyl, and natural stone just to name a few. It’s one of those things you will have to weigh the pros and cons to each type yourself before deciding.
Renewal Design-Build has been assisting homeowners with their kitchen remodeling needs for more than 15 years. We focus primarily on amazing kitchens, luxurious bathrooms, and interior remodeling projects. Our talented designers will help transform any part of your home into something you can truly be proud of.
Never compromise on quality when you remodel your kitchen. Let our designers show you how they can help make the most of your kitchen and improve the overall functionality of the room.
Give us a call at 404-378-6962 if you’re in Decatur or the surrounding areas, and would like to schedule a consultation for your new kitchen.