Each year millions of Americans make the decision to remodel their home, and maybe you’ve also decided to take the plunge. Remodels can be exciting, and having a beautifully designed home that aptly suits your taste and style, can be very rewarding. However, the remodeling process can be stressful and challenging, especially for the unprepared. We work hard to take the stress out of an already-stressful situation. Renewal Design-Build in Decatur works with Atlanta homeowners to design and build incredible renovation projects without the stress.
Here are a few tips to help you take the stress out of home renovation.
• Have a Design Plan: Always develop a plan of what you want your remodel to look like. The more prepared you are the better, and the less likely you are to be stressed during the process. We provide 3D imagery of what your new renovation will look like before any work begins. We want you to know how your new area will blend and flow with the rest of your home from multiple angles.
• Create a budget: Determine how much money overall you are going to spend on design and construction. Don’t forget to include any expenses for new appliances, lighting & plumbing fixtures, etc…
• Call in the professionals: If you have a big remodeling job, don’t hesitate to call in professional remodelers. We will help with design options, and show you how to save time and money on the project.
• Keep the Goal in view: This is especially important when you are faced with unforeseen problems. We will do everything in our power to limit the number of surprises that crop up, and work to be prepared with immediate solutions so you don’t have to worry about them.
• Set aside extra cash to handle the unexpected: Sometimes there are going to be construction surprises such as insect infestation that simply must be eradicated, and that added cost can create stress. We’ll help locate potential problems and get rid of them before they become a problem.
• Get away when you can: Regardless of how prepared you are for the remodel, the constant noise and dust can take a toll. Schedule some away time to help ease the stress. Book yourself into a hotel some weekends, or stay with family or friends. If the renovation is significant enough, consider setting aside budget to rent an apartment during the construction phase.
It’s also important to have realistic expectations about the remodeling process. Don’t expect your home to be clean and tidy with all the changes taking place. It’s going to be noisy, dusty, and chaotic for a period. That’s why it’s so important to entrust your home to experienced, professional remodelers who will complete your home remodel on time, as well as within budget.
At Renewal Design-Build, we understand how demanding a home remodel can be, but we’re here to provide quality service and ease your construction anxiety. We have professionals that can help you through every step of the remodel. Why not give us a call today at 404-378-6962.