The days of having a fireplace that blends into the surrounding wall space are long gone. Now a home’s fireplace style and design can easily become the focal point of a room and is limited only by your imagination.
- If your Atlanta home improvement plans include adding a new fireplace, then take a moment and think outside the box when it comes to location and design. No longer does a fireplace have to be just a boring opening in the wall. Consider installing a poured in place multi-view concrete fireplace as a room divider. Or, for a less expensive option, select a prefabricated freestanding fireplace, perfect for filling in a corner.
- Speaking of inexpensive, one of the easiest and most affordable ways to change the look of a pre-existing fireplace is to paint the brick surround. Use a bright bold shade for pop or go with that old standby: white. A white brick surround looks so clean and sleek and works well with all decorating styles.
- Nothing is more dramatic than a solid slab of marble or granite surrounding the complete fireplace. Forgo the mantel and install a slab large enough to reach from floor to ceiling. An entire slab gives the rich marbling and veining maximum exposure.
- Copper is a very interesting choice for a fireplace surround. As the copper ages, patina forms and the finish will deepen and change color, lending a very eye-catching and elegant look to the entire room.
- You simply can’t go wrong with stone. From fieldstone to flat rock, stone never looks dated and always complements any color palette. When selecting the stone, work with an experienced installer so enough is purchased to create a repeating pattern.
For more information about renovating a room with a fireplace, feel free to contact us at Renewal Design-Build.