If you’re planning for kitchen remodeling in Atlanta, then you’ll want to make sure that all the different components of your new kitchen will be of good quality. It can be easy to implement low quality components, such as cheaper kitchen cabinets, just because you don’t know what to look for. The following are a few things that you should pay attention to when choosing your kitchen cabinets in order to make sure that they are of high quality:
- Cabinet Box – The best cabinet boxes tend to be made using furniture-grade plywood between ½ and ¾ inches. Avoid any particleboard materials, although medium density fiberboard is acceptable.
- Cabinet Doors – There are a huge variety of cabinet doors to choose from. Pick out a solid-wood frame that surrounds plywood or solid wood panels. Avoid Thermofoil or laminate over particleboard.
- Cabinet Drawers – It’s important you pick drawers that are durable and easy to use, since they will be opened and closed frequently over the years. Avoid stapled particleboard and go with drawers that use dovetail joinery, solid-wood sides, and plywood bottoms.
- Cabinet Hardware – If you can, use full-extension drawer guides instead of under-mounted double roller designs or integrated side rails. Consider a soft close feature that will prevent your drawers from slamming shot, thereby preventing both loud noises and unneeded wear and tear. Don’t worry too much about the door hinges, since there’s not a very big difference between them.
- Cabinet Shelves – Once again, avoid particleboard, since shelves made out of this material tend to sag. Instead, go with a ¾ inch plywood or a medium density fiberboard.
- Cabinet Mounting Strips – Use ¾ inch hardwood or metal strips with bolt holes.
Be sure to contact us at Renewal Design-Build for your next kitchen remodeling project in Atlanta.