Remodeling a house can cost a lot of money and this fact makes many homeowners consider the possibility of doing some of the renovations as DIY projects. They believe that they can do as good of a job as the contractor and they also think that they can save a lot of money in the process. Sometimes this is true, but other times it ends in horror.
Homeowners can generally do great with projects like painting, wood restoration, and other home improvement projects that are often outlined on YouTube. Problems often arise, however, when they attempt a project that seems simple at first, but ends up being outside the scope of most YouTube videos.
Here are 7 reasons why hiring a designer and builder is better than doing DIY remodeling:
- Designers and builders have done many home remodels, so they have a better idea as to exactly how long each project will take and how much it will cost.
- Designers and builders have one job to do and that is to finish the remodel. Many homeowners are often trying to complete remodeling projects around their full time job and other family responsibilities.
- The correct amount of building materials will be ordered, because the builder and designer know exactly how much is needed. They are better at estimating these items than the homeowner is.
- Builders know everything about local codes and safety standards. They make sure that it is safe to remove walls, instead of mistakenly removing a load bearing wall.
- Builders employ workers who specialize in plumbing, electrical and masonry, so that these types of projects are done correctly.
- Builders and designers have access to many more materials than homeowners do. They are able to negotiate prices, so that the homeowners can pay less for quality materials.
- Builders and designers are continuously learning about new products and materials and they are able to share this information with the homeowners. Some of these products can help the homeowners save money on energy costs and many of the newer materials are superior to older ones, which mean that they will last longer.
Homeowners want to make improvements in their home, that’s a given, and we respect that. But they need to make the right decision and hire contractors and designers for the job. The homeowner will end up spending less money and the finished project will be completed quickly and properly. This means that the homeowner can spend more time relaxing in their renovated home instead of regretting certain decisions.
Renewal Design Build is dedicated to helping homeowners remodel various parts of their home. We specialize in kitchen and bathroom design to add style and functionality to each area. Give us a call at 404-378-6962 if you would like to discuss your next remodeling project with us. You may also use our Contact Us link at the top of the website.