If you’re in the process of deciding which type of flooring to install in your Atlanta home, consider using carpet. Carpet has been a popular choice among homeowners for decades, and for good reason. Not only are there a huge variety of carpets to choose from, such as polyester, olefin, nylon, wool and more, but there are several benefits gained by choosing carpeting over other flooring options such as tile or hardwood.
- Warmth – Although it may not often snow in the Atlanta area, it does get cold during the winters. Carpet acts as thermal resistance, helping retain warm air in the home, which can help you save on your heating bills.
- Style – Carpets are aesthetically pleasing and come in a huge variety of colors and styles. This means that no matter what your interior design is, you can find carpeting that will help complement it.
- Safety – Carpet acts as cushioning, making it more difficult to slip on surfaces that are wet. It also makes any falls that do happen less dangerous. This is a huge advantage if you have children in the home.
- Noise – Carpet helps to absorb sound. For example, if you are trying to sleep in your bedroom, you won’t hear someone walking past your room outside like you would if you had hardwood floors. Carpeting on the second floor will help absorb sounds from below as well, meaning that you won’t be disturbed by the noises from the TV if you go to bed earlier than other members of your household.
- Long Lasting – Carpet will last a long time as long as you clean it on a regular basis. Vacuum it regularly and schedule the occasional professional cleaning in order to keep it in great condition for years.
Consider the benefits that using carpet for your home has over other flooring materials when planning your home renovations. Contact Renewal Design-Build for more information about Atlanta home improvement.