Many midcentury ranches have plain exteriors. We like to call them blank canvasses, ready for renovation! If you’re ready to make your mark on your classic Atlanta ranch and spruce up its curb appeal, consider:
- A small front porch or stoop – a structure at the front door is always a welcoming feature
- For additional outdoor living space, consider a full-size porch
- A gable can break up your ranches’ classic horizontal lines
- Replacing the front door is an inexpensive way to add curb appeal to any home
- Remove old shutters for a more modern feel
- Add trim, or paint the existing trim
Here’s an example of a home in Buckhead that needed a facelift.
AFTER: By replacing the door, adding a gable, and removing the shutters, this ranch home now exhibits charming curb appeal.