One of the best investments that you can make to your home is updating your bathroom. But what most homeowners don’t realize is the level of personalization and customization that can really go into making a bathroom suit your needs and desires – a bathroom designed just for you!
A fun and stylish way to update your bathroom is to incorporate mosaic tiles into the design. Besides the visual appeal – brought to
life by an endless array of colors – there are some reasons why mosaic tile is beneficial in the bathroom:
- Mosaic tiles are most commonly made using glass, stone or marble. Because these materials are raw, they are extremely durable, meaning a long-lasting and beautiful feature for your new bathroom. The manufacturing techniques used have been honed for centuries, making mosaic tiles a better option than many others you may have to choose from
- A new bathroom design requires the incorporation of materials that will allow for an optimal hygiene. Mosaic tiles, once installed and sealed, are non-porous, which means that mold, mildew, bacteria and germs are less likely to become a problem. Still, these surfaces need to be cleaned regularly just like any other surface in the bathroom.
- Again, the option to customize with mosaic tiles cannot be ignored. Many other types of tiles and materials come in designs that are mass-produced and/or pre-cut. This means that your bathroom will probably end up with the same finished look as many other homeowners. That won’t happen with the personalization of mosaic tiles.
There are plenty of areas in the bathroom that look great with mosaic tiles.
- In the shower: Selecting naturally colored mosaic tiles to use in this space can make it feel as if you were showering outdoors.
- Around the tub: Create your own spa-like oasis by selecting a soothing tile color and covering the basin of your tub with it. For a more dramatic look, consider extending the same colored tile up the wall to create one congruent space.
- On the wall: To add texture and architectural interest to your bathroom, utilize mosaic tile on the walls. You can enhance the textured illusion by using a variety of tile colors to create a pattern. And don’t feel that you need to stick to a traditional grid pattern either. For a bolder look, use multiple colors and lay the tile to create your own unique pattern.
- On the floor: Mosaic tile can be used on the floor to create a traditional bathroom with a vintage flare. It also provides another opportunity to bring color into the bathroom.
If you are currently seeking an Atlanta bathroom remodeling company to give your home an update, our experienced team at Renewal Design Build can help. For more information about what we can do for you. please contact us at 404-378-6962.