In the market for a remodeler? The top ten questions you should be asking anyone who works on your home:
- How long have you been in business? A long history often indicates stability – and more than likely – expertise and a strong reputation.
- May I speak to someone at your bank? Before you start writing checks, contact the contractor’s bank to make sure the firm is financially stable.
- May I visit two sites you’re currently working on? You want to make sure the contractor is taking care of clients’ homes as if they were his or her own. Look out for: dust control, safety precautions, and the protection of the homeowners’ belongings.
- What is the geographic area that you serve? Consider the contractor’s work area. With too much ground to cover, will he or she be able to meet your needs? If something unexpected occurs, will your team be able to respond in a reasonable amount of time?
- What is your company’s area(s) of specialization? Be specific when talking about your wants and needs. Are you looking for a turnkey design-build solution? Do you have a historic home that would benefit from a contractor with historical approval experience? Are you interested in environmentally-friendly options? Read more