Is your home’s exterior seriously lacking in inspiration? When thinking about curb appeal, you may find that you can maximize on your home’s strengths with little work, or that your home may need a major facelift. Ask yourself:
1. What’s your first impression of the home?
2. Is the house clean? Well groomed? Welcoming?
3. What are the best exterior features of the house? Of the lot? How can you enhance them?
4. What are the worst features? What can you do to minimize them or improve them?
If you decide your home needs a more comprehensive make over, consider:
- A new driveway or walkway – stamped concrete
- Covered entry
- Adding a front porch
- Repairing or replacing siding
- Stone veneer
- Upgrade or add railings, columns
- Painting the house or changing the color scheme
These small changes can make a big difference to your home’s curb appeal:
- Flower boxes
- New mailbox
- Paint or install a new front door
- Hardware (house numbers, door knobs)
- Light fixtures (think lantern sconces)