Kitchens are subject to changing trends just like other aspects of the home, and this can pose a difficulty for some homeowners. While you may want a beautiful kitchen, you might not be able to keep up with the hottest designs and products. Some colors, fixtures, and styles are always described as timeless, and your kitchen might benefit from trying out a few of them.
- Neutral colors. Finding the right color is one of the most challenging aspects of kitchen decoration. Changing color trends makes things a little more difficult, as some people are not sure when to update. For a timeless look, you can’t go wrong with neutral colors such as light green, grays and off-whites.
- Shaker cabinets. A classic touch is always a good idea since it means that you will not feel like you are forced to make changes. Shaker cabinets fulfill that desire for classic status while imparting a look of style and good taste.
- Glass doors on cabinets. This is a style that many people have been moving away from, but this does not mean that it is outdated. Glass doors create depth and the illusion of a larger space, plus it makes everything easy to find. If your cabinets already have glass doors, do not be in a rush to make a change.
- Get a marble countertop. Marble is highly durable, which makes it cost effective even though it is on the pricey side. If you make every effort to keep it clean, it will continue to add beauty to your kitchen for many years. Marble countertops can stain, so it requires some maintenance.
- Keep the farmhouse sink. This is another fixture that is being needlessly replaced even when it is still in good condition. For many, the old world look of the farmhouse sink is a big part of its appeal.
- Consider beadboard. This adds attractive detail to the space in an inexpensive way. A good reason for the popularity of this material is that it is easy to install. It can be purchased in sheets that still have the look of vertical planks.
- Retro appliances. These aren’t for every kitchen, but they can add a lot of vintage charm and beauty to the space. This does not mean that you will fill your kitchen with old appliances in need of constant maintenance. The trend is hot enough for some companies to manufacture reproductions of old appliances, so you get the old look with modern performance standards.
If your kitchen has one or more of these features, a major remodel might not be necessary. Utilize a few ideas to have a kitchen that you can be happy with for years despite evolving trends. Give us a call at 404-378-6962 if you’re in the market to remodel your kitchen and give it the timeless beauty you’ve always wanted.