Most people start to think about refreshing the look of their kitchens early in the year. This gives them enough time to start planning their projects and to learn about the hottest trends that can provide some inspiration. Retailers of home improvement products and home contractors are good sources of ideas for kitchen remodeling. To make it easier for you, here are some of the most popular trends for this year.
- Wood-look ceramic tiles. The beauty of wood is timeless, but the material and the installation can prove too costly for some. The production of ceramic tiles has become so advanced that many of these products perfectly mimic the look of wood. Now more homeowners are choosing these tiles to save money while getting the look of luxury.
- Stainless steel appliances. The sleek finish of stainless steel makes it ideal for kitchens, and for many homeowners it is the best option. It works well with various colors, and all it requires for maintenance is a quick wipe down.
- Farmhouse sinks. This underscores the utilitarian nature of the kitchen, while adding some old world charm. They have become so popular that you can now choose from a number of material options including stainless steel, copper, soapstone, slate, granite and vitreous china.
- Luxury countertops. Low cost options in countertops are here to stay, but there are good reasons to spend more to get a luxury countertop. The timeless nature of granite and marble make them good investments in the kitchen. Luxury countertops can increase your remodeling budget, but you can keep them in place for many years without worrying that new trends will leave them behind.
- Creative storage. This adds to the innovative look of the kitchen, and it gets rids of clutter while making meal preparation easier. Many people are now opting for mini pantries, but storage can also be tucked underneath countertops and in kitchen islands.
- Pendant lighting. This is great for drawing attention to particular spots in the kitchen. Antique pendant lighting fixtures are especially attractive, and they will work with different types of kitchen decor.
- Darker floors. This is the perfect way to find balance with walls and cabinets that have a light tone. You can choose tiles with darker, earthy tones, but if you have a hardwood floor, try a dark stain.
The kitchen is one of the most valuable spaces in the home, which is why it tends to deliver on investment. Watching the trends can keep your remodeling project on the right creative track, and help you to fine tune your budget. Give us a call at 404-378-6962 if you plan to implement any of these amazing 2017 kitchen trends and would like help with the design, choosing the best materials, or if you’re still looking for the ideal contractor for your project.