Undergoing an Atlanta home improvement or renovation project involves a lot of decisions. What work needs to be done? How will my family’s life be affected? How much can I spend? Should I do the work all at once or complete it one project at a time? Understanding the scope of your project can help you determine the best decisions for you and your family.
Deciding between one large renovation project or several smaller projects should be based on your family’s current lifestyle and needs. There are benefits to completing the renovation project all at once, including:
- You are only inconvenienced once and you won’t have to put up with ongoing work on your home.
- The work will be approached as a whole and the encompassing project will benefit from consistent materials, labor, and attention to detail.
- You may save money by doing the project all at once. Instead of paying over time for similar projects you can align the work to maximize your investment.
If you decide to break the work up into smaller projects, there are certain guidelines we recommend:
- Have a plan. Work with your design-build firm to map out a long-term strategy for completing the work.
- Start with the most urgent needs. Take care of any repairs or renovations that have an immediate impact on your home comfort and safety.
- Group similar projects together. For example, if you’re planning to tile floors in several rooms, you should do this work at one time to reduce labor costs and the impact on your daily life.
Renewal Design Build is proud to serve as a premier provider of Atlanta home improvement and renovation projects. Contact us today to view our portfolio, meet our talented team, and learn more about the services we provide.