A colorful kitchen begins with an idea. You’re tired of the same kitchen. You want something different, but you’re worried about being too different. We believe that your home is fully capable of reflecting your unique creativity without being over-the-top. Here are a few great ideas to keep in mind while planning your colorful kitchen.
Two Tone Kitchen Cabinets
Add visual interest and contrast with two tone kitchen cabinets. This concept does a few different things while adding color to your kitchen. For example, dark upper cabinets help bring a high ceiling down so that the room doesn’t feel so tall. Darker lower cabinets allow the eye to focus on lighter upper cabinets, making the room feel larger, which works beautifully in a small kitchen.
Most paint colors display a slightly different appearance based on the finish and how well they absorb or reflect light. Here are the finishes available for most types of paint:
- Matte or Flat: Flat finish has absolutely no shine and may help absorb light instead of reflecting it. The use of a flat or matte finish on a wall creates depth when used correctly. Flat paint is not very easy to clean, but very easy to touch up or repaint.
- Eggshell: Eggshell finish has very little shine. It doesn’t always readily reflect light, but it won’t detract from it. Eggshell finish is not very easy to clean, but very easy to touch up or repaint.
- Satin: Satin finish could easily be renamed to velvet finish and still be equally correct. This velvety smooth finish is perfect for most rooms in the house and is very durable. Satin finish is easier to clean and easy to touch up.
- Semi-Gloss: Semi-gloss finish is a great choice for kitchens, bathrooms, trim, and other areas that need a glossy finish. It also works well for an accent wall that needs extra shine. Semi-gloss is very easy to clean, but not very easy to touch up. A repaint is often necessary in lieu of touch ups.
- High Gloss: High gloss is extremely shiny; think nail polish shine. The shiny finish shows every blemish on the surface it covers, so prep work is absolutely necessary. High gloss finish is very easy to clean and likely needs a repaint in lieu of touch ups.
You can create a 3D effect using the same paint color with different finishes. For example, if you were to paint an entire wall gray with a flat finish and paint decorative lines or a chevron pattern with the same gray in a high gloss finish, the lines or chevrons would appear 3D.
Colorful Kitchen Cabinets
The color options available to you are limited only by your personal tastes. Take notes and research kitchen color options and ideas before you get started. We will also help you choose the best colors to fit your kitchen ideas.
Call us at 404-378-6962 and allow us to show you why we have a 97% referral rate on our amazing remodeled kitchens. Our clients love our work as much as we love providing our kitchen remodeling services in Decatur and the surrounding areas. We often design the entire floor plan for the new kitchen based on the needs and desires expressed by the client. We are often asked to help choose colors, fixtures, trim, and other finishing touches to ensure a cohesive and unique finished kitchen.