The master suite is the third-most remodeled part of the home. It follows just behind the kitchen and the bathroom. This simple fact tells us that you and many other homeowners are probably interested in what’s hot and what’s not for 2017. So let’s start with the bedroom and incorporate other areas of the master suite as we move along.
The Master Bedroom
The master bedroom should feel like your haven away from the rest of the world. This should be your preferred area to relax, unwind, and let go of the stresses of the day. Our goal is to create a master bedroom that fulfills that requirement in a very stylish and upscale manner. Here are a few trends that we find impressive:
- Dramatic Walls – Metallic paint designs and faux finishes on the walls provide a unique style that homeowners love. Take this idea a step further and use gold accents to give the room a beautiful, warm, rich appeal.
- Serenity – Soothing and well-blended colors are the talk of the town. Soft greens, cream, and light purples are very popular among today’s homeowners.
- Convenience – A small coffee bar with an espresso machine and small sink will facilitate those late mornings when you want coffee, but don’t want to emerge from your sanctuary.
The Master Suite
The master suite should serve multiple purposes. It should be a child-free zone that only the parents enjoy. Every parent deserves some time to themselves from time to time, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Here are a few things your master suite needs:
- Seating Area – Create a plush seating area with comfortable and stylish seats. This area may be near windows if you have a great view that you can enjoy. You may even choose to create a library nook for your private seating area.
- Stacked Stone Fireplace – Stacked stone has taken the place of brick as the material of choice for a fireplace, hearth, backsplashes, and even exterior foundation work.
- Walk-in Closet – The walk-in closet is an absolute must in the master suite. Take the opportunity to create an entire room dedicated to closet and storage.
The Master Bathroom
The master bathroom doesn’t need to cater to anyone else in the house but you. This isn’t the area to bathe the children or for the teenagers to fight over mirror space. This is your space and it needs to be all about you. Here are a few great trends for the bathroom:
- Pendant Lights – Pendant lights are making their way out of the kitchen and into the master bathroom. They look pretty amazing above the vanity.
- Lighted Mirrors – Mirrors are a must, anyway, so improve their functionality by installing lighted mirrors. You’ll love the convenience when it comes to preparing for work.
- Textured Tile – We recently shared another post about creative uses for tile. Textured tile is available in a variety of styles and designs. Mix and match them with other tile to create something amazing.
Call us at 404-378-6962 if you’re in the greater Atlanta area and would like to schedule a consultation with our designers. Take a look at some of the amazing master bathrooms we’ve designed for people in the Atlanta area.